This page is dedicated to the fantastic fundraising efforts of the PTA.
What is the PTA? (Parent Teacher Association)
- The PTA is a great way to get involved in your child’s school and feel part of the Christ Church School community.
- All parents, carers, guardians and staff are automatically members of the PTA.
- Together, we organise events and activities that raise extra funds for the school which in turn helps to enhance the school environment and improve learning resources.
- We are an inclusive club and welcome you to attend any of our meetings. Please don’t be shy we welcome everyone and would love to see you there. To find out more please refer to the links page below.
What does the PTA do?
- We are truly passionate about our school and helping the children be best they can be.
- Over the years we have raised money to help the school in numerous ways; the IT suite, iPads to support in class learning, the school playground equipment and various subsidised enrichment activities.
Who is on the PTA committee?
- We are busy parents just like you and although our committee members have our formal titles we are really just a bunch of friendly mums, dads and carers that give up some spare time to organise fun events!
- We meet regularly to plan our fundraising.
Current PTA members include:
- Penny Collins - Chair
- Lauren Diventura – Vice Chair
- Victoria Lorkin - Treasurer
- Emily Cooper - Secretary
How do we raise money?
- We are always looking for new fundraising ideas and opportunities, but we usually raise money through fun events and initiatives: Summer Fair, Christmas Fair, Cake Sales, Film Nights, Quiz Night, Discos.
- We’ve also raise money through family bingo events, school calendar sales and second hand uniform sales.
- We are always open to new ideas and would love to hear from you if you have any suggestions.
For 2019, we will be funding various initiatives but there are some key ones we are aiming to contribute / purchase;
- An additional 15 iPads to support classroom teaching
- Bathroom refurbishments for KS1 and KS2
- Critical refurbishments in some of our classrooms
- Possible full IT suite hardware and software upgrade
How can parents help?
- We know how busy you are, but there are many ways to get involved and help out.
- No job is too big or too small!
- The PTA is always looking for helpers and committee members.
- There are lots of things you can do to help from running a stall, folding raffle tickets, helping to sell refreshments at one of our music nights or taking on a more official role.
- We need helpers of all abilities and from all backgrounds.
- If you cannot afford the time to help organising, then come and support our events instead.
If you have any questions please ask one of the PTA Committee members or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking site: https://www.pta-events.co.uk/christchurchcoe