Job Description: Head Cook / Kitchen Supervisor
£10.10 per hour
Term-Time Only - 27.5 hours per week
Dolce Ltd is an award winning national school meals caterer providing freshly made school meals across the UK. As a family business, we value our reputation for delicious school dinners and reward those that enhance this reputation.
We are recruiting for a Head Cook/Kitchen Supervisor to work at a Primary School in Chorleywood. You will be in charge of the smooth running of the unit, leading the catering team and will have full responsibility for the training and development of all staff.
We are looking for someone with a passion for cooking and excellent customer care skills. You must display a strong work ethic and deliver a food service of the highest standards consistently.
You will work closely with the school to ensure the children receive a tasty nutritionally balanced meal every day.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Plan, organise and monitor controls of food quality, presentation and service.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget, achieve and maintain the food cost within the unit.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is maintained at all times.
- Prepare food using fresh ingredients.
- Prepare menus and develop recipes.
- Ensure all team members are working in line with current legislation at all times.
- Be responsible for the cleaning and maintaining of the kitchen and facilities to include all aspects of Health and Safety.
- Previous experience in purchasing and stock control is desirable.
- DBS Check will be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous Catering experience within a similar environment.
- Supervisory/Management skills.
- Relevant professional catering qualification.
- Good understanding of budgets.
- Ability to work well in a team and on your own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and take on different tasks as and when required.
The role is offered on a permanent basis, Monday- Friday, during term-time, £10.10 per hour dependant on experience and is subject to the applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK and a successful DBS clearance.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing a culture of working relationships in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. The Company is equally committed to providing diversity and equality to all in employment, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy & maternity, race, religion/belief, gender and sexual orientation.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.10 /hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
How many years of Cooking experience do you have?
How many years of School catering experience do you have?
How many years of Supervisor experience do you have?
What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Are you in Chorleywood, Hertfordshire?
Do you have the following licence or certification: Enhanced DBS?
Do you have the following licence or certification: Food Safety level 2?
Contact: Craig Pitcher (Area Manager)