OPEN DAY ARRANGEMENTS for ADMISSIONS 2021:
DUE TO CURRENT COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, VISITS & TOURS TO THE SCHOOL ARE NOT PERMITTED. A VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE SCHOOL WILL BE UPLOADED TO THIS AREA SHORTLY AFTER HALF-TERM, FROM THE FIRST WEEK OF NOVEMBER 2020.
If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
Contact for all admissions:
Mrs Alison Cottle, our Admissions Officer, coordinates all applications to the school for nursery, reception and in-year places.
Contact can be made by phone: 01923 282647 or email: email@example.com
Mrs Cottle is routinely available for admissions enquiries on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays during working hours.
Emails sent on other days will be responded to as soon as possible.
Nursery Application Process
If your child is aged 3 and becomes aged 4 between 1st September and 31st August, you can apply for a place at our school nursery. All applications to our school nursery are made directly to us. The local authority is not involved in the nursery application process.
The Nursery admissions application window opens for 2021 on Monday 1st February 2021 and closes on Monday 1st March 2021. Please note, applications cannot be made prior to this date.
- We have our own application form, which is the only method for applying for a nursery place for your child.
- This form must be completed by the parents/carers and returned directly to the school.
- All parents considering applying under the 'worship' criterion must also submit a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and Confirmation of Worship Form (CoW), by the closing date.
- All of these forms are available on this page below.
The Nursery Day:
- The Nursery morning runs from 9.00am to 12.00noon (children attend 15 hours nursery education of 3 hours over 5 mornings)
- Our Nursery Lunch Club runs from 12.00noon to 1.00pm (optional extra hour)
- We also offer an afternoon session from 12noon-3.00pm under the 30 hours free childcare scheme for qualifying parents (afternoon hours are optional)
- Parents who do not qualify for the childcare scheme can also take up an afternoon place and pay the school directly for childcare provided (childcare vouchers can be used for this service)
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL PARENTS APPLYING FOR A PLACE AT OUR SCHOOL:
YOU MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF YOUR COUNCIL TAX BILL FOR THE CURRENT YEAR AS PROOF OF YOUR ADDRESS AND A COPY OF YOUR CHILD’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
FAILURE TO PRODUCE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING INCOMPLETE AND THEREFORE CONSIDERED INVALID.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE MISLEADING, INCOMPLETE OR FRAUDULENT INFORMATION FOR ADMISSIONS, ESPECIALLY AS THIS MAY DEPRIVE OTHER APPLICANTS OF A RIGHTFUL PLACE.
RECEPTION ADMISSIONS PROCESS
The Reception application window opens on Monday 2nd November 2020 and closes on Friday 15th January 2021. Please note, applications cannot be made prior to this date.
Hertfordshire County Council manage the process and will be sending information out to all parents of children living in Hertfordshire and born between 01/09/16 and 31/08/17. The leaflet is usually sent out mid October, but further information is available on their website: www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions
You will have to complete an online application via Herts C/C and also our own 'CCS Supplementary Information Form (SIF) Reception 2021', (found below).
If you qualify to apply under a Church Worship Criterion you will also be required to provide your Vicar/Priest with a 'Worship Confirmation Form Reception 2021'.
The original copy of the Confirmation of Worship forms (not email scanned copies) MUST be returned to the school by the vicar/priest directly & not by the parent.